Friday, March 22, 2013

Hello from Macul!

I am sitting in a session at Macul- this huge Tech Ed conference in Michigan.  Believe it or not it is my first year going!  I have not been disappointed- this place is a gold mine for a tech junkie like me.

In the last 36 hours I have experienced a plethora of new tools to take to the classroom. At this very moment I'm sitting in a session learning about ways to use smart devices in the classroom. Gone are the days where kids come to school and have a ton of technology at their disposal. Instead, most kids are leaving their technology at home, and coming into subpar technology at school.

Which is why I wanted to hit up to this session- it's time to let the kids bring their devices in, time to fully embrace the digital natives and all their techieness!

While I'm not going to bore you with a ramble right now, into want to share one big learning from the conference thus far- If we don't keep up with our tech savvy students...... We have to start playing on their playground now- twitter included!




No comments:

Post a Comment