Thursday, February 12, 2015

I Love EdCamp

Seriously.

I've lost count of how many EdCamps I've gone to since discovering them three years ago.  It's now more than ten, for sure.

January found me at EdCamp WBWL (West Bloomfield/Walled Lake) which was held at a Walled Lake elementary school.  This EdCamp is in it's second year (the first year it was held at West Bloomfield High School) and I loved seeing how it grew from year one to year two!

I facilitated a conversation on homework.  Oh, homework...... I am so not a fan.  But, as parents seem to "enjoy" when their kids have homework, we had quite a nice conversation.  I've moved to an all online homework this year, and I love the ease in differentiating that it allows (as well as the time at the copy machine it eliminates!)

From there, I headed over to EdCamp Schoolcraft, which was a first timer.  EdCamp Schoolcraft joined forces with EdCamp Novi, and created a pretty spectacular Saturday event.  Hosted at Schoolcraft College (which is BEAUTIFUL!) there were plenty of places nearby for lunch, plenty of parking, and with those two details out of the way, plenty of learning time!

This EdCamp, well..... it was early February, and my class had already completed one major Minecraft project and was heading into their second.  As I know no one Minecrafting the way I do, I thought it might be worth while sharing this with others.  I mean, I know I do some pretty unique stuff in the classroom, and if it were possible, I'd love for all learners to have the chance to experience some of those "stuffs."  Sharing with peers at EdCamps is one great way to spread the fun!

Next on the list is EdCamp Lake Orion - a first timer - in April, followed by the 5th anniversary of EdCamp Detroit!  EdCamp Flint/Genessee is somewhere in there, too.  It's hard to pass up an opportunity like an EdCamp, as it's some of the best ever PD out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment