Saturday, March 15, 2014

MACUL 2014 - Thank You!!

Funny.  I started this blog while AT Macul last year.  Think I got two posts written before life took over again.  This year?  This year will be different!  It already has been! (as evidenced by the number of posts previous to this!)

I am still a little hung over from my Macul experience.  And no, I don't drink.  At all.  But boy…… the energy, the enthusiasm, the collaboration….. enough to ignite anyone's fire for learning!  That was the theme, too, IGNITE LEARNING.  Yep.  Definitely fit that theme.  Might even be burning strong enough to be the theme for next year's Macul, too.

Anyway, this is (hopefully) the first of a few posts that will be devoted to my Macul experience.  Last year was my first year going, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, experiencing the same kind of high and hangover effect that I am experiencing now.  The difference is, this year, not only have I gotten super handy at twitter…… but I also presented.  Talk about WOW!  I can't believe I actually got to present at Macul!  It was such a rush!

This post is actually a thank you post.

Thank you to those who came to my sessions!  I hope you gained something new that you are able to put in to practice as soon as you're back in the classroom!  PLEASE feel free to tweet me or email me if you have any questions about anything shared.  There was a lot of information packed into a short amount of time!  The presentation is available via the Teaching with Technology link on THIS page.

Thank you to Macul, for allowing me to present at the conference.  It was humbling to be presenting among so many outstanding educators, and I'm honored to have been able to share with my colleagues.

Thank you to Meghan for staying with Sparky while I was gone.  I loved having him at home so I could spy on him via webcam!

Lastly, Thank you to my district, Bloomfield Hills Schools, for allowing me to go spend two days in Grand Rapids learning and sharing with some of the best and brightest!

Goal for my third year at Macul?  Presenting again, AND finally, student showcase!

#macul14 was awe inspiring…….. It's going to be tough waiting for 2015!!



No comments:

Post a Comment